Monday, March 10, 2008


3/10/08 for the LOVE of anesthesia...

let me just say, when you start labor at home from a dead sleep at 12:27 a.m., get to the hosptial -while yelling for your husband to drive faster than 4 mph over the speed limit- at 2:25 a.m. and when you tell a triage nurse it's your first, labor started 2 hours ago and you are about to have it and they just look at you and smile and say 'ok, -'smirk'- I'll check you -'smirk'-' and the next thing she does is stick her head out the door yelling 'get me a room, a dr., and anesthesia - she's a 7-8!', they wheel me down to labor and delivery, tell me I am now, 4-6 minutes later, 9 1/2 cm dialated, I'm begging for an epidural - the nurse grabs me and says ' AMY - if you can promise to sit still we can still do this!' let me tell you JOYCE, the anesthesiologist (who tried 5 times before it got in the right place) was my best friend almost immediately! anyway relaxed and slowed a little, (only to wait so her grandparents to get there of course, we pushed for 53 minutes and our little princess came out sunny side (face) up. (another main reason they said I slowed down so much)

No comments: